Renegades Davy Christie has kindly offered, an offer we can’t refuse, to include the “See Us” leaflet in Rengades own promotional material to shops/pubs getting the “See Us” message out to other vehicle drivers past the biking community.
Davy has also offered to put any other promo flyers/posters in the Renegade shop getting the Ride It Right message to riders who visit the shop.
Ride It Right’s message for other vehicle drivers is to, “Use your head – Not just your eyes!”, Ride It Right’s, Trevor Baird says, “With a little thought other vehicle drivers can get it right and see us, motorcyclists should be a first thought, not just a second thought!”
For riders there is a message also:
- Be aware of slow moving traffic – Tractors – Camper Vans – Caravans – Cyclists – Pedestrians crossing the road.
- They may not be aware of you and they may not react as you expect!
- As a rider take responsibility and be prepared to compensate for drivers errors.
- You should learn to recognize potentially dangerous situations and have sufficient riding techniques to react when possible!
- Motorcycles can be more difficult to detect because they are narrower than a car, even if the motorcycle has its lights on, or the rider is wearing reflective or bright clothing.
- Research has demonstrated that drivers find it harder to analyse the outline of the oncoming motorcycle as well as calculating the distance and speed of movement.
- Believe it or not, a motorcycle and its rider can be hidden from your view at junctions by very narrow objects such as lamp posts – road signs – the A-Pillar of your vehicle and also overgrown road side vegetation.
- Watch your mirrors – riders can be in your blind spot missing from your view between interior and door mirror.
- Judge the distance and judge the speed – don’t rush junctions.
- Listen for motorcyclists at junctions – especially in rural areas – wind down your window – turn down your radio.
- Please take time at junctions – whether turning out of or turning into a junction – or a petrol station – or your own driveway, the last thing a motorcyclist wants to hear is, I didn’t see him/her or, are you all right!
Whether you are:
- When Turning Right
- When Emerging Onto Main Roads
- When Overtaking
- When Changing Lanes
Our thanks to Renegade for promoting Ride It Right.
Renegade are the authorised stockists of official merchandise for – Pure Road Racing – Relentless – North West 200 – Custom Biker – TT Isle Of Man – OTC (Orange County Choppers) – West Coast Choppers – Duke and much more